How do you ensure your business it doing all that is can to fraud-proof itself? Keeping a business protected from fraud is similar to keeping it protected from theft – you need to continually check in and audit your practices to make sure you’re doing everything you can.
Here at dota2直播手机版, we know that it can be hard to keep up with all the fraud prevention tactics in place. To help you and your staff stay up to date, use the below checklist to double check that your day-to-day activities are keeping you protected.
- Routinely check the POS (or PIN pad) for signs of physical damage or tampering.
- Routinely check that there are no additional or unexplained cords attached to terminals.
- Routinely check the security seals on the PIN pad to make sure they have not been cut or removed.
- Secure countertop POS devices using fixed stands or tethers, and routinely check that there is no damage to these attachments.
- Routinely audit device serial numbers to ensure they match the terminal numbers you have on file.
- When presented with a payment card, look for the following elements: o Verify the sharpness of the embossing and font
- Ensure that proper card acceptance procedures are included in staff training documents.
- Clearly display store policies for exchanges and returns.
o Card expiration date
o Signature panel
o Cardholder’s signature.
Include fraud protection tools directly within the checkout page, including:
- Monitor online sales for suspiciously large orders with big-ticket items.
- Monitor online sales for multiple low-value purchases over a short period of time.
- Review and quality check orders made with multiple payment cards listing the same shipping address.
- Consider the risks of international shipping and ensure you’re shipping to countries that have reliable courier service (or be prepared to absorb lost item costs).
- Scrutinize orders that use billing and shipping addresses from different countries.
- Look out for high value items with expedited shipping selected.
For more guidelines and helpful references on fraud prevention techniques, make sure to visit moneris.com/fraud .
The information in this article is provided solely for informational purposes and is not intended to be legal, business or other professional advice or an endorsement of any of the websites or services listed .